Ruby Wax, the celebrated writer, comedian, actress and mental health campaigner bought glamour and thought-provoking messages to the 2017 Salon of the Year.
The 2017 awards were hosted at the Four Seasons at Ten Trinity Square hotel in London.
Ruby’s top tips for success
- We only get one deck of cards. How we play them is up to us.
- Only you have the power to break your thinking habits
- Practise how to pay attention and give your true concentration – people know when you’re not paying attention and a real connection with people is key
- We work like ‘neural Wi-Fi’. We are all connected. Fix yourself, then go and save the world
- Stay curious, learning at any age is important
- Be genuine– people can sense lack of authenticity
- Don’t be afraid to show your flaws, it helps us connect as human beings
- We can age like wine, or like vinegar – the choice is ours!
And the winners are...
Tessa Stevens Health & Beauty Clinic (3 rooms and more, UK)
Peach on the Hill (2 rooms or fewer, UK),
Monica Tolan's Beauty Clinic (Ireland).
jane iredale Winners:
Clarity Laser (3 rooms and more, UK)
Justyna Kielar (2 rooms or fewer, UK),
Lemons Beauty Salon (Ireland).
Advanced Nutrition Programme™ Winners:
Tessa Stevens Health & Beauty Clinic (UK)
Wexford Skin Clinic (Ireland).
Salon of Excellence: Nail and Beauty Boutique, Reigate
“I just wanted to say thank you for the wonderful experience of attending the Salon of the Year Awards at the Four Seasons on Monday. The food was amazing and Ruby Wax also lived up to expectations... I could sense a change of culture within the company and it was very energising. …”
"... it was the best one yet...
amazing venue and amazing food."
HELEN, Chedale Beauty
"Thank you for inviting me to the Salon of the Year Awards.
What a lovely afternoon, you should be very proud of what you've achieved."
VICKI, Lets Face It